What are The Most Common Causes of Low Back Pain and Neck Pain
Low back pain and neck pain are two of the most common musculoskeletal complaints, with a high prevalence in both the general population and in healthcare settings. There are many potential causes of these types of pain, including muscle strains, degenerative joint conditions, and spinal abnormalities. Here are some of the most common causes of low back pain and neck pain:
- Muscle strains: These can occur when the muscles in the back or neck are overworked or injured. They can be caused by lifting heavy objects improperly, sudden movements, or poor posture.
- Degenerative joint conditions: As we age, the discs in our spine can become worn and damaged, leading to conditions like osteoarthritis. This can cause pain, stiffness, and limited mobility in the back and neck.
- Spinal abnormalities: Some people are born with spinal abnormalities that can cause pain, such as scoliosis (a curvature of the spine) or spondylolisthesis (a condition where one vertebra slips out of place).
- Poor posture: Poor posture, whether at work or while engaging in leisure activities, can put unnecessary strain on the muscles and joints in the back and neck. This can lead to pain and discomfort.
- Stress: Stress can cause muscle tension, which can lead to pain in the back and neck. It can also lead to behaviors that contribute to poor posture and muscle strain, such as slouching or tensing the shoulders.
If you're experiencing low back pain or neck pain, it's important to see a healthcare professional to determine the cause and receive appropriate treatment. In the meantime, there are things you can do to help reduce pain and improve your quality of life, such as practicing good posture, engaging in regular exercise, and managing stress.
Contact West Side Comprehensive Chiropractic Care, we can help you find a long-term solution to your back pain.