Tennis Elbow Treatment
Conveniently located on 58th Street in Manhattan, New York City
Did you know that chiropractors can help treat sports and overuse injuries like tennis elbow? This condition is characterized by pain and inflammation on the outer part of the elbow and, despite its name, can be the result of stress from several different types of activities. At West Side Chiropractic, we treat the body as a whole, and our talented team can evaluate and provide care for nearly every aspect of the musculoskeletal system. In addition to spinal care, our team regularly treats pain and inflammation in the critical joints of the arms, legs, and pelvis.
When a patient comes into our Upper West Side clinic in Manhattan with complaints relating to tennis elbow, this is what they can expect:
- Evaluation and Diagnosis: A thorough examination will assess the extent of the injury and confirm the diagnosis of tennis elbow. Our doctors may inquire about symptoms, medical history, and any relevant activities or sports participation that may have contributed to the condition.
- Joint Adjustments: Our chiropractors can use joint adjustments, also known as manipulations, to address misalignments and mechanical dysfunctions in the elbow joint, forearm, and wrist. Restoring proper alignment and mobility through joint adjustments can alleviate tension and reduce strain on the affected tendons.
- Soft Tissue Techniques: We are skilled in various soft tissue techniques that can help alleviate the pain and inflammation associated with tennis elbow. These techniques may include myofascial release, active release therapy or instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization. By targeting the muscles, tendons, and fascia surrounding the elbow, these techniques can promote healing and relieve discomfort.
- Rehabilitation Exercises: Throughout treatment, our team will provide specific exercises to help strengthen the muscles surrounding the elbow, forearm, and wrist. These exercises aim to improve flexibility, promote proper biomechanics, and enhance the stability of the affected area. Rehabilitation exercises may include wrist curls, eccentric exercises, and stretching routines tailored to the individual's needs.
- Ergonomic and Lifestyle Recommendations: Our chiropractors can offer guidance on ergonomics and modifications in daily activities that may aggravate tennis elbow symptoms. They may suggest adjustments to workstations, sports techniques or equipment to reduce stress and promote healing.
- Complementary Therapies: Chiropractors may incorporate additional therapeutic modalities into the treatment plan, such as ultrasound therapy, cold laser therapy or electrical stimulation. These modalities can help reduce pain, control inflammation, and promote tissue healing.
If you're experiencing symptoms of tennis elbow, consult with our chiropractors now! We will develop a personalized treatment plan to help alleviate your pain, improve function, and facilitate healing.
If you believe you could benefit from high-quality care, consider getting treatment from the staff at West Side Comprehensive Chiropractic. Our dedicated staff will be pleased to answer your questions today. We can also help you schedule a time to visit our New York office.