Plantar Fasciitis (Myofascial)
Conveniently located on 58th Street in Manhattan, New York City
WestSide Comprehensive Chiropractic may use a combination of techniques to treat plantar fasciitis. A condition characterized by inflammation and pain in the plantar fascia, a band of tissue that runs along the bottom of the foot. Chiropractic care for plantar fasciitis typically focuses on addressing musculoskeletal imbalances and relieving tension in the lower extremities.
Here are some common chiropractic treatments and approaches our chiropractors apply for plantar fasciitis:
- Patient Assessment: Our chiropractors begin by assessing the patient's medical history, lifestyle, and the specific nature of their plantar fasciitis. They may also perform physical examinations to evaluate the biomechanics of the feet, ankles, knees, and hips.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: They may perform adjustments to the joints of the feet, ankles, knees, and hips to improve alignment and reduce stress on the plantar fascia. Adjustments are aimed at restoring proper joint function and promoting healing.
- Soft Tissue Techniques: They may use soft tissue therapies such as myofascial release, deep tissue massage, and trigger point therapy to address muscle tension and adhesions in the calf muscles, achilles tendon, and plantar fascia. These techniques can help reduce pain and improve flexibility.
- Custom Orthotics: Make recommendations for custom-made orthotic inserts for shoes to provide additional support and improve foot mechanics. Orthotics can help distribute pressure more evenly across the foot and reduce strain on the plantar fascia.
- Stretching and Strengthening Exercises: They will prescribe specific exercises and stretches to improve the strength and flexibility of the calf muscles and plantar fascia. These exercises can help alleviate tension and prevent the recurrence of plantar fasciitis.
- Foot and Ankle Mobilization: Our chiropractors may use gentle mobilization techniques to improve the range of motion in the foot and ankle joints, which can reduce stress on the plantar fascia.
- Electrical Stimulation: We Use therapeutic modalities like electrical stimulation to reduce inflammation and promote tissue healing in the affected area.
- Lifestyle and Footwear Recommendations: Our Chiropractors may offer advice on footwear choices and modifications, as well as lifestyle changes that can support foot health and minimize strain on the plantar fascia.
- Education: We also Educate our patients about the importance of proper foot care and provide guidance on activities and behaviors to avoid that may exacerbate plantar fasciitis.
- Taping and Bracing: Our chiropractors may use taping or bracing techniques to provide temporary support and stability to the affected foot, which can reduce pain during daily activities.
If you have plantar fasciitis, it's advisable to consult with our licensed chiropractors to discuss your symptoms and develop a personalized treatment plan.
If you believe you could benefit from high-quality care, consider getting treatment from the staff at West Side Comprehensive Chiropractic. Our dedicated staff will be pleased to answer your questions today. We can also help you schedule a time to visit our New York office.